Tuesday, July 6, 2010

4th and Down


My how it's all changed.  I was cautioned by those who know more than I - that it would.  I was told that my martha stewart ways would give way to real life.  I used to have perfect dinner parties with perfect flowers and pretty darn good food - at least perfectly presented and timed. 

This 4th of July was the eye opener for me.  We had traffic, spilled wine in the car, stranger than fiction bugs, one seriously horrendous band and horse crap (that was just on the 3rd of July) - on the 4th there was dog drama and dog dancing, baby hughey grumpypuss and we nearly had to call the fire department.  In short, we had to punt.

But when it was all said and done, and I reflect on the friends, family and chaos, I wouldn't change a thing.  My pursuit of perfection has finally given way to my pursuit of just being in the moment.  Each one is so very precious. 

and....my car cleaned up nicely and we'll soon be able to use the grill again.  I can live with that.  

No comments:

Post a Comment