Wednesday, July 7, 2010

A Note about French Wines

I know, I know.  I'm a little stuck on French wine.  Let me give you five excellent reasons it's the best wine for Summer. 

5.  Better Bang for your Buck.  It's a far better value than California wine.  A $10 CA wine is often crappy.  A $10 French wine is often a tasty suprise.
4.  Drink more and Save.  You'll be drinking more wine in the summer - so go for the lower alcohol.  French wine is usually a lower percentage of alcohol.
3.  French Wine is Friskier.  Who wants a big, fat, cab when its 90+ degress and 90% humidity ?   I know - some of you die hards do.  But I like a little chill on my wine, and all French wines - the White Bordeaux, the Red Bordeaux, the Beaujoulais and the Rhones are all a little more frisky with a chill !
2.  French is Fruitier.  Your best compliment to the foods of summer - grilled chicken, salads and fruit - is a fruit forward wine with enough acidity to balance out the charcoal and dressings.  I suggest a real Beaujoulais or a nice Rhone.  Even the younger Bordeaux's - found a 2006 for $10.99 that I'll drink ALL DAY - is a fantastic choice.
1.  French is Flirtier.   Sit in the grass, kick off your shoes, take in a concert and pour some French wine and I promise you'll make friends. 

No comments:

Post a Comment